On Saturday, Fox Business News Host Maria Bartiromo said while discussing accusations levied against Sen. Al Franken that “there are no allegations against the president” even though there are over a dozen women who have accused Donald J. Trump of sexual harassment and assault. That, of course, caused a firestorm of attention because Bartiromo, a staunch Trump supporter, just dismissed 16 women’s claims just like that while focusing on a Democrat. That same day, the Fox ‘News’ host went on a Twitter blocking rampage when she was called out by media figures. She didn’t explain herself then but on Monday she said that she was “wildly taken out of context.”
Bartiromo said she was aware of the accusations against Trump during last year’s presidential campaign, but her remarks on Saturday she said the exact opposite.
Former Obama administration official Chris Lu corrected the Fox host after she said, “just to be clear, there are no allegations against the President.”
Still yet, Bartiromo said accusations against Franken and Trump can’t be compared because there’s a photograph.
“We’re talking about a situation where we have a photo with a guy’s hands on her breasts,” she said. “You can’t compare the two.”
Later, she said in reference to Lu raising the issue of Trump’s accusers, “this is so typical.”
So by Monday, Bartiromo walked back her comments.
“Obviously, I am aware that there are several women who accused the president, then-candidate Donald Trump, during the election, of misconduct,” she said. “We were talking about the here and now, the news of the day, and that’s what I was referring to when I said there are no allegations… I apologize if I wasn’t specific or precise enough.”
Dagen McDowell, her colleague, defended Bartiromo.
“It is disgusting to me for anybody to question the trail that you have blazed for women,” she said.
So, whatever you hear coming from Trump supporters never happened if a backlash ensues.
Image via screen capture.